At PPG, we strongly believe that Environmental Sustainability is first and foremost about being a successful business. We do what we do in order to ensure the success and lasting presence of our company for the benefit of our customers, our suppliers, our shareholders, our employees and our neighbours. But, we also act in a way that not coincidentally helps to ensure the life and resilience of our economies, our environment and our society. We believe that these two views of sustainability - sustaining PPG and sustaining the world - are not mutually exclusive, but are very compatible.
We are continually looking for ways to improve both our own impact on the environment and that of our customers and suppliers. We actively measure ourselves on a number of key environmental performance indicators and publish these each year in an annual report. But we don't just measure our performance but actively look to provide more sustainable products to our customers.
Within the Refinish business, we actively seek to improve our customers' sustainability performance in the following areas:
- Reduce solvent emissions
- Use sustainable materials
- Reduce energy consumption
- Reduce waste
Examples of this are:
- ENVIROBASE® High Performance - Reducing solvent emissions by 93% compared to solvent based basecoat systems
- D8135 UHS Rapid Clear - Provides a 10 minute bake, saving time and energy
- DP3000 - The world's first Refinish product container recycled material
- T499 Envirobase Flocculating Agent - Allows bodyshops to clean and recycle the water from their waste waterborne cleaning products
For further information on our corporate sustainability activity and to download or latest corporate sustainability report, please click here